Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. My 2008 appears to rattle or vibrate at idle. This rattle goes away when I depress the clutch. Is this a serious clutch problem? What can be done about it?

w/ my magic bag
Sounds like a throw bearing, if you push in the clutch & the noise goes away. When its idling w/ the hood up, can you hear the rattle from the motor? Like perhaps the imrc= tumble flaps? Most of the time the t/b isn't a issue. How is the clutch grab? How is the brake fluid? 429 powered Torino??? what yr? the Torino Cobra's are awesome cars as well the '72-'73 GT's.

w/ my magic bag
We'd have to hear / see the noise in person - but the MTX75 transmission can get pretty chattery with the clutch out in neutral.
The op mentioned his noise is when the clutch is disengaged= holding the pedal down, so that'd be a throw out bearing noise related.

Registered
The op mentioned his noise is when the clutch is disengaged= holding the pedal down, so that'd be a throw out bearing noise related.
He said it rattles with the clutch out at a stop in neutral and that it goes away once he depresses the clutch. Like you said earlier, this is usually a sign of a bad throwout bearing. But I also agree with Miller that these chatter a bit anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts