Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took the transmission out and installed a new clutch. Buttoned everything up fired up the car and I could not get into reverse but every other gear would move the car. I read some stuff on some old forum posts and people posted lock down the orange mechanisms on the shift cables and center the shifter then pop them back out. Did that, still tough to get into reverse so i pushed it a little harder and got into reverse. Tested it a couple times and now it seems like the clutch isnt grabbing any gears? I put the transmission in gear and rev the engine and the mph go up but the car doesn't move? Can anyone break this down for me? I torqued the clutch per manufacturer spec and made sure the "flywheel side" was on the flywheel. Please help!

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Need to check out our axels. I've never seen this so I hope someone else can help you. But getting mph and not moving is very strange and sound like a easy fix to find. But could you clarify the type lvl and brand clutch you installed.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to General Tech Chat.

I like NotReal's comment, if it wasn't going into gear you wouldn't see MPH - that's more likely if an axle (driver's side?) isn't in all the way.

That's happened before, better to pop out in the drive than when moving as I've heard of happening.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used a whole Perfection clutch disk set with flywheel. The flywheel and clutch disk is facing the right way for sure I double checked that. I will check the axles today and let you guys know whats going on.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The driver side axle wasnt fully seated in the transmission! Good call guys. :)

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Tx for posting the resolution.

Glad it was a simple one after all that work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts