Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is my nightmare job. I ripped the clutch out of my 2000 focus mtx-75 I got a new clutch kit placed it into the car and finally got everything put together and went to bleed the clutch and relized that the line from master cylinder to slave cylinder was rusted through causing no pressure to goto clutch pedal I tried to rig it for the old one to work and i relized it be easier to just replace the line and order it from ford i got the 62 dollar part and hooked it up filled reservoir up and bled clutch and brakes well i finally got pressure in the clutch pedal but when i push in the clutch it wont disengage the transmission it stays in gear but when i turn the vehicle off it shifts but once ots on it wont go into neutral position when i press the clutch in, im beyond confused its one issue after another, i have no leaking inside by pedal because i thought master cylinder possibly could be bad but its pumping fluid any suggestions at all would help

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Best guess, clutch disc is in backwards.

·
Registered
288 Posts
My heart bleeds for you. No pun intended. I just replaced the high-pressure clutch line on my '01 ZTS, myself. It exploded. I cut what was left of the old one out. The level of car dis-assembly required to get the new one in was nothing short of spectacular. It may as well have gone back to the Wayne, Michigan Ford plant for reassembly. I had to install a new clutch master cylinder too because my line retainer clips were rusted away.

Good luck.

BTW: You got a good price on that line. Mine was $82.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts