Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how long would it take to install a clutch and flywheel? how indepth is it? im wondering because i think im going with the procharger and i know the stock clutch assembly wont hold up. also whats a good company for a clutch? im going with a fidanza 12 lbs but need a descent clutch. im not going crazy either with the procharger but i want a clutch that would hold the power and nothing more.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Dont forget to get gears and the lsd so you dont have to open her up again, it will cost more money and take more time but its worth it. If you are not experienced enough I would recomend that you let the shop dot it, If you are I would plan a whole weekend to do the job. Btw I grew up in Ogden Iused to live on lincoln blvd, not the greatest places I know. Just nice to see another foci owner from the old town[wave] [thumb]

·
Registered
970 Posts
Although I would normally say ya, get it all done while you are in there, gears run over 5k...clutch isn't too bad to swap out, you just want to do clutch/flywheel/lsd at the same time (lsd is about 1k) if you can to save some hassle later.

·
Registered
970 Posts
any tranny shop should be able to take care of you...just use normal common sense in selecting the right shop (ask around for friend's experiences, stuff like that)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts