Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday and today me and a friend installed a clutch in my 2002 zx3. Got it all put back together and tried it out. Wouldnt go into gear, we forgot to bleed it. After every known way to bleed it, the most i could get oit of it was rocking in.first and reverse. Im stumped please help.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
How does the pedal feel now. With it running will it go into gear ? Are you sure you put the disc in facing the right way ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The pedal will be flat or normal depending on how much we bleed. I can.crank it and put it into gear.just fine.all gears feel like they are right. Just only moves in first and.reverse with high rpm rev. I thought we put it in the correct way

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Ok , last time i did mine I bled it like this. Open bleeder, have your helper push the pedal to the floor slowly, until its down , close the bleeder . pedal up. Do this 9 of 10 times.
Of course keep the master full. Then bleed like normal, pump, pump, pump hold ,open bleeder , pedal to the floor , close the bleeder. Then if that dosnt work. I reverse power bled it with a brake bleeder. I emptied the master, hooked up the power bleeder to the slave nipple and bled it backwards. Until the master was at the full line. That seems to be the best way.
Usually if its not bled, you can't get the pressure plate to release to get in gear. But if you can get it in gear and take your foot off the clutch, and its not grabbing. Something is hanging up. Try bleeding again. If that dosnt work , recheck the disc. But if it is facing the wrong way, I don't think you could get it in gear. IIRC.

·
Registered
175 Posts
It should be the bleader because also if the disc was facing the wrong way, the centr part of the disc only is flat on one side and raised on the other, it would push right up against the throw out bearing and u would here a loud whining so if it's not howln like a dog then should be the pressure on the plate not letting it grab try bleeding n see if that helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts