Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just got an 04 svt focus that my dad sold to me because he got a new car. now ive smoked a clutch in my truck so i kinda know what its like when a clutch goes bad but this is buggn me.
when im driving at 45 50mph in 6th gear and put the peadle down 3/4 then the car will rev up some and it seems like it slipping then rpms go down, but when im doin 60mph and put the peadle down in 6th it doesnt do it. now i launchd the car and the clutch didnt seem to be slipping and i even dumpd it once to see if it would slip and it just smoked the tires, but it did smell a little like clutch was burning the car has 62,000 miles on it and my dad never beat on it but as for the 1st owner idk

·
Registered
200 Posts
yeah I'm gonna bet money you need a new clutch, mine did the same thing around 45K miles, dude said if it stalled in second gear it was fine, which it did, but the RPM's would climb like crazy when punching the gas on the highway....

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
^^yeah me niether, it doesnt make sense your all right at certain gears but not others. Kind of tells me the clutch isnt bad but something else, but I dont know what else could be messing up besides the clutch...

·
Registered
808 Posts
PerformanceHookup has some pretty good prices, you should check out his link.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
welp i feel like a retard i didnt realize i was resting my foot on the clutch peadle and the weight of my foot was enought to make it slip for some reason if i dont have my foot on the clutch it doesnt happn lol so i guess its ohk go figure i didnt realize it was that touchy

·
Registered
191 Posts
change it out and upgrade you'll love the new feel

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
your clutch pedal may be loose because i rest my foot on my clutch all the time and my car never revs when i press on the gas. best way to test if your clutch is working properly is driving from a stop and shift a lot earlier than usual until you are doing 20-25mph in 4th gear and smash the throttle, if it slips you need a new clutch soon, if it bogs down and starts to go but slowly because of the low rpms you are fine.

·
Registered
251 Posts
your clutch pedal shouldnt be that easy to push down (not noticable) I would still upgrade cuz you probably glazed it alittle by making it slip like that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts