Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrite i had a stage III in my car i think it was a Spec Clutch.... not sure if it was pluck or full disc... i was in iraq when they put it in. Anywho... it lasted about 20 days.... ... hmmm lol

I drive hard... i dont bang gears but ill get into them hard... I race the car on weekends at the track or a road near my house in the country.... And i do drive hard usually through town and what not... not to hard... put the car pulls... therefore i need a better / different clutch

Performance Mods

65mm TB
Long Tube AEM CAI
FC Header
Borla Exhaust
LSD

anyway not much of a list... but still... anyone? Help... car's going back to the shop soon and i need a better clutch for my driving habit... price really doesnt matter as long as it holds up

Smitty

·
Registered
468 Posts
w/the mods you have, you honestly wouldn't need anything more then a normal centerforce, if not stock..

lol you must really do some hard driving to get a clutch to go out that quickly, did you even let your clutch break in before you beat the snot out of it? or was it installed improperly?

either or, your spec stage 3 shouldve taken your power like it was butter and not thought anything of it......something else is wrong besides the clutch

·
Registered
420 Posts
I definetely agree with dbluefocus21

I don't understand why you would beat your car everytime you drive it. And I also don't understand how your cars "pulls" that much with the low amount of mods you have done.

Either you didn't break it in properly, or whomever installed it was on crack.

A stage III would've taken anything you would've given to it...with ease

The previous owner of my car beat it pretty bad daily (prbably why I had to replace so much), but it's at 81,000 miles and it's still the stock clutch. Granted I got tranny put in with less than 4000 miles, but still, stock clutch, and absolutely no slippage.

what brand is it?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spec clutch... im just a hard driver you could say... I dont beat the piss outta it trust me. i just drive hard. And yes, the clutch was broken in properly. my dad drove it for about 4 weeks before i got back from iraq... and the Ford dealer installed it along with the LSD... everything went smooth... i've had some problems in the tranny before though... and im trying to see if it's still lurking it's problems in the casing... IF and when i get my new engine ill be forced to buy a new tranny just cause i dont want the old one to haunt at me and screw up.

Smitty

·
Registered
170 Posts
??????.......well I suppose you could go to a stage 4.I know people who get YEARS of drag racing with slicks out of those "weak" stage 3 units..so you better check everything real thorough before blaming the clutch as the weak link.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well ive had problems with my tranny before... and not from racing it ... when it was bone stock... it's been worked on twice now... I dunno if the caseing itself is a POS or what... And if ur coming to me saying it me then back off and go somewhere else. I know how to drive, used to do dirt track racing and used to drag a 85 pontiac, never had any problems with it... Yeah i know this car is underpowered and what..

anywho i just needa see if i can get to the bottom of it... Or build a bullet proof type tranny

Smitty

·
Registered
170 Posts
Not trying to imply you suck guy.Just stating the facts; those Stage 3 clutches take a LOT of serious hard abuse without problems all the time.

·
Registered
420 Posts
1) Get everything CRY-O-GEN'D!
2) Get them installed PROPERLY!
3) Learn how to properely break it in
4) Learn how to properly drive stick, via the 85' ponnie
5) If all else fails, rely on Mommy to drive you places

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
maybe u just got the shit one outa the bunch. it could have been faulty to begin with cuz those cluthes can handle way more abuse than ur car can put out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts