Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Laptop

Votes: 1 33.3%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my dilema, I want (but kind of need) a laptop for school (advertising and marketing), but my clutch has started to make the "TSB Noise" a little louder (can't hear it with windows up, but still). The problem is that right now, I only have enough money for one. How long can the clutch last in this state and more importantly, will it cause any major damage???

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
may be able to have it replaced for free. Id check into it.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Check with a dealer first..

I can sell you a 300mhz/128mb ram/20gb drive laptop cheap if you're interested later.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm out of the warrenty and I don't know any friendly dealers in South Florida. Any suggestions???

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
1. Go buy an extended warranty with a $50.00 deductible.
2. Wait a week.
3. Bring your car in.
4. Finance a laptop through dell.

Total cost: $650.00 (ish).

And now your car is covered bumper to bumper until 100k miles.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I thought you could only buy an extended, when your factory warranty still applied.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
You can buy a warranty anytime, I have always bought a warranty on the used cars that I buy. There are a few restrictions, but none that would apply to a Focus...

·
Oh yeah!
2,522 Posts
Based on your needs (assuming this is your only mode of transportation), research and verify what you can do with the car concerning a warranty and the clutch TSB issue. If you cannot find a way to get it replaced as such, then I would worry about making sure I have a running car over a laptop.

If you're attending a college or university, you'll have access to computers for homework and such anyway. From my college experience and that of my friends, I've yet to see the need or requirement (unless the college/university program requires it) of a laptop where a simple desktop computer wouldn't suffice whether it be at school or at home.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^^^That's some sound advice. I was leaning that way, but I just needed a little extra push. That is why I said want, not need. I work full-time and my home computer (if you can call it that) does not even come close to being able to handle the requirements of high end visual design programs, but I guess I can tough it out and stay a little later at school for a couple of months. Better than having to take a bicycle to school (20 miles away).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts