Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today driving back from my school (Blue field state) as I was taking the left lane to turn right going back into the town I live in, when I pressed in the clutch it felt stiff for a second, then went all the way to the floor, I managed to get it to my local sheetz, but I need a answer to what this could be and quickly, also how much do you think it would cost New, and from a junk yard, if its the clutch cylinder than I guess im not that much in the neck of the woods of breaking bank.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Check for leaks. If its up under the dash, leaking on your feet. Its a master cyl. If it is leaking from the bell housing , its the slave cyl. Check the brake fluid level. Our cars use the brake reservoir for the clutch fluid also. If its low and there are no leaks. Check your wheels for brake fluid leaks.
Standard clutch kit shouldn't be to bad. Can you do the work ?

·
Registered
104 Posts
^^^I agree also. The slave cylinder isn't very expensive-just changed mine. If you can't do it yourself though, it's gonna cost you. It's inside the tranny.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Hopefully it's the master cylinder that went bad. That is what happens most of the time.

Slave cylinders should be replaced with every clutch change. That will save you some pain and suffering.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts