Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had the clutch changed. went ahead with a full setup clutch,pressure plate, flywheel, both master and slave got changed. Clutch works great, but now after my car sits over night or long periods of time while im at work etc. when i crank and start to go. it stumbles and then when i give it more gas finally picks up and goes normal. and i already had a low idle issue that got around 700 rpm at idle with ac on which made car shake bad. now if ac is on it drops to around 300-500 rpms and pretty much will stall if i dont give it gas. I don't even know where to start looking. I do have under drive pulleys on the car. but with ac off it will idle pretty much somewhat normal. all these started after clutch install. only other things i did was swap out water pump and flush radiator at same time as clutch install.

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
there is a thread somewhere about it let me see if i can find it

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
"Mine was caused by the PCV hose having a hole in it. You can also have a soft spot in the hose and it will completely collapse on itself. It messes with the vacuum , and causes the low EGR flow. Check the hose as it turns towards the intake manifold. While it`s idling feel the hose , if its soft it will suck shut... "

what i could find

1 - 7 of 7 Posts