Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon All,

I'm getting a horrible smell when driving my car and I think my clutch is going out. I haven't had any real problems, no real slippage or not going into gear. With all the fires lately I've been stuck in traffic up to 3 hours with a lot of clutch work and now I have weird smell going on. Also I think I'm getting a little vibration in the clutch pedal when fully depressed. Anyone have any clue? Also if it is my clutch how costly a repair is this and can I do it myself?

Thank you

·
Banned
263 Posts
i just did my clutch a new clutch kit from ford cost 283.67 but i put in a spec stage 1 paid 329.00. a bad clutch will smell of rotten eggs. a good test set the ebrake as hard as you can put in second gear and slowly let out clutch WITHOUT giving it gas. if the car stalls with no chatter or hesitation clutch is ok. if clutch chatters or car does not stall when pedal is released all the way bad clutch. and the replacement was rather simple. took me and my buddy about four hours 2 12packs and a couple re rolled cigars :) here is a link that helped me out alot.http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163836&highlight=duratec+clutch
thanks to sproradic!

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
thats a d-tec tho he has a zetec in his focus. question for you. when i first got my car it had been driven by grandma who never went over 2rpms. so obviously it had alot of soot to be blown out of it lol. if you havent romped on your car in a pretty good while and then randomly decide to gas it you blow that soot out and it kinda smells bad. that could be what you're smelling.

·
Banned
263 Posts
^ he has a 2.3 duratec

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
oops sorry i didnt think they started putting duratecs in the zx3s until 05. my mistake

·
Banned
263 Posts
its all good in the neighborhood

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
yeah Dtecs are in some 03 and 04s. The pzev engines for those years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts