Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car's back at Ford service centre. They have to rip out transmission to replace the clutch assembly. Happend Frinday, I'll have it by Monday. Just to warn you guys, go easy. Ford say the problem is 1 in every thousand. Dunno though.

They funny thing is, I am glad I didn't put a turbo in it yet. Warranty.

The best part about having my car buckled, was driving it into Ford in 1st and second only!

Great fun! Atleast when I got there I had a crowd of people gigging @ my car. :) Ohh is that an import? OooH look at the seats! OooH it sounds different!

It was like my own mini meet!! lol

We have all at some stage driven our car pretty hard - but I don think my driving was the influence in this case.

Question now: Will the warranty of the parts in the new clutch assembly be reset?

·
fOCUS Zetec 2.0
292 Posts
the warranty will cover at least the original 3 year... I think if you had it done after total warranty expiration you may have had 12 months, this way you still get the bulk of your 3 years to cover it. Best it goes now rather than later.

Let's just say I fang my car a little... well... we all know that answer. Maybe a bit more than a little. But hey, don't blame me, blame ford for building such a fangable car. It's well serviced, always well oiled and clean, gets lots of attention. I have some minor engine niggles but maybe I'm just anal and today it seems to have fixed itself after about 2-3 months of being there. Maybe not. But I love my Focus so much I'm willing to put up with some minor quirkiness... he he he

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[:p]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts