Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If i replaced both clutch actuators myself will it void the extended warranty for the TCM and clutch pack?

Currently have code:
P087a -> ATIC faults (P087A) – the ATIC is an internal TCM component that controls motor current.

With no reverse and of course in limp mode, i replaced both actuators which it was very easy to replace, took about 1 hour for both but code and limp mode still there, should i put the old actuators back in the trans before taking the car to the stealer?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I wouldn't think it would void your warranty unless they have a way to prove you changed them, which I don't see them being able to do.

Also note that I've see some people replace the actuators, and the code still comes back, and in this case the TCM was to blame.

I'm glad the actuators are on the outside of the trans and don't require programming. It's the only external part of this trans we can replace without needing IDS software.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
154 Posts
Saw on YouTube somewhere where a guy had a 2012 TCM issue and disconnected positive battery for a while, then hooked it back up and turned the key to on for like 10 seconds without starting, and then started it up and TCM supposedly began working. I've never tried that method, but if the dealer weren't an option, it would be worth a shot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts