Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I just have a set of stock clutch from dealer replaced on my SVTF about 3 months ago. It was great especially at the day i picked it up. The engage ponit was so short i released the clutch paddle about 2cm and the car started taking off. After 400 miles brake in i drove it quite hardly, shifted in 2 nd and got some free spin. Now at 1,500 miles on it the clutch is acting difference. I have to release the paddle about half way up to get a take off, also shift hard in to 2nd will not get any free spin but sounds like some slipage.
Im wondering if there is something worng with the parts, mechanic, or if it is normal for the car
please help me out!
Thanks

·
Registered
329 Posts
Sounds like your clutch is slipping but shouldnt be with only 1500k on it.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Did you drive it hard while braking it in? The engagment doesn't sound all that worrying but if you're slipping in 2nd that's not a good sign.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
^^ also u might have glazed it which can take a a while to get back 2 normal

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Sounds like improper break in.
Sorry I don't buy that. I beat on my new 02 stock clutch from day 1. Numerous Autocross' and club racing and it still lasted 60k. Granted I wasn't abusive to it but did drive it hard, much harded than him I'm sure. I would take it back in and ask them their opinion, I wouldn't feel like you did something wrong.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for the reply,
I used 400 miles brake in period and drove it normally , didnt abuse it... maybe one or two and that is it. But im so wondering what would be the reason for the engage point to change from short and low to half way up. Im bringing it back to the guy who fixed it but dont know what he is going to say. Is there anything can be adjusted?
Thanks so much!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts