Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I couldn’t find any subject on cluster upgrade on Google so I thought writing here would help me find an answer lol I was looking to upgrade the cluster on my 2012 Focus SEL to a more recent one... I really like the information the newer cluster gives such as digital speedometer or instant mpg etc. Would it be possible to upgrade it or it has other connectors and would not be compatible ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good question. I''m not sure about connections or anything of that nature. I wasn't able to find anything as well. It might be worth checking Forscan forums to see if someone was able to get that option toggled on via programming.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey guys, I couldn’t find any subject on cluster upgrade on Google so I thought writing here would help me find an answer lol I was looking to upgrade the cluster on my 2012 Focus SEL to a more recent one... I really like the information the newer cluster gives such as digital speedometer or instant mpg etc. Would it be possible to upgrade it or it has other connectors and would not be compatible ?
I understand that all this requires is a firmware update. Some 2012's had been updated by dealers to solve a specific problem outlined by a TSB. There is another post on this forum that surfaced recently that documents how someone did the firmware update DIY. It still doesn't seem clearly defined to me and it relates to a USA build and I'm in Canada like yourself.

Good question, I was wondering the same about updating the 4 inch radio display to the colour one as well
You are referring to upgrading the 4" radio display whereas the OP is referring to the 4" gauge cluster display. In 2013 they added an extra view that shows a 4 panel display and a few extras like digital speedometer and instant MPG. This is what he's looking to do.

As far as the radio display goes you can upgrade to an 8" OEM display or you can go with an aftermarket display. In both instances you are changing out the bezel. There's lots of information within this forum if you search it out.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
The updated 4 inch screen I was talking about is the APIM. Mine is the first style which is the very basic blue lettering similar to the ones in the new fiesta. I was wondering if the more updated colour one in the same size would be a direct plug and play?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts