Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change out the cluster panel on my 2005 focus to one with a tach. My question is does it matter about the transmission. Will I have to look for a panel compatable with a standard.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
You'll actually need to get one from an automatic car most likely, those got the "high line" clusters with tach. while manuals usually get the low line version without as "cheaper" cars. Go figure - if you don't need it you get it!

Did this swap on my earlier version, works fine but the mileage from the donor car will show so a close mileage is nice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called the ford dealer and they said it would have to be programmed or wont work. I have a manual but don't know if the replacement came from an automatic or manual. I think I might be screwed. I will change it out and hope for the best.. You said you changed on with no problem?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Paul, the replacement cluster should work, however if you have one from an automatic trans vehicle the shift light may not work, and if the car it came from had ABS and/or traction control then those lights will be lit if your car doesn't have those features. There are multiple forum threads on this subject. Additionally the mileage will be different, unless you can get one with more miles than your car has and wait until your current cluster gets to the mileage of the replacement.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
I was lucky, though ABS versions weren't common for my year.

Shift light does work as well for me. Earlier models had to worry about getting one from the right engine type, zetec & duratec aren't interchangeable.

The '05-'07 versions didn't have that worry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts