Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay cluster lights and headlights flicker once car is warmed up and it happens while im driving. Its very odd. Alternator was professionally redone, belt tensioner/idler pully replaced, new battery, exposed wires replace. My next part will probably be a cluster but i was wondering if anyone could help or have had this happen. 03 svt focus 3 door.

·
Registered
266 Posts
What about the alternator wiring connector? Sometimes they go bad and can cause these problems listed. Check your grounds as well make sure they are nice and clean and tight. Battery I assume is in good shape? Have you tested the alternator to make sure it is good to go?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need to recheck grounds but battery is brand new and check reading 100% with clean terminals. Alternator is freshly rebuilt by a local electrical company and it tested perfect. Alternator connections were good. I was wondering if the HIDs could be a factor

·
Registered
243 Posts
I had a similar issue with the svt I just purchased and my issue was with the three wire electrical plug on the alternator. One of the wires was completely pulled out of the pigtail. It’s a pretty common issue. There is a thread in the how to on fixing it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts