Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm getting the clunking on an incline as I reverse from my driveway. the clunk always feels like it's under me. my driveway is on a mild incline, and when i do reverse quickly, it hits a slight bump that causes the clunk. i'll also get the clunk if i make a sharp turn. my CV axles have been inspected without any problems.

i did purchase a MassiveSpeed dog bone mount two years ago, but I'm thinking if it's defective. you said you changed out the lower dog mount, and the clunk went away. thanks

·
Registered
244 Posts
i'm getting the clunking on an incline as I reverse from my driveway. the clunk always feels like it's under me. my driveway is on a mild incline, and when i do reverse quickly, it hits a slight bump that causes the clunk. i'll also get the clunk if i make a sharp turn. my CV axles have been inspected without any problems.

i did purchase a MassiveSpeed dog bone mount two years ago, but I'm thinking if it's defective. you said you changed out the lower dog mount, and the clunk went away. thanks
only one way to find out, pull the mount and inspect, if it is ripped/torn/missing any material then yeah you would probably want to replace the mount. Otherwise you are probably going to look else ware.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
That sounds like a ball joint to me whether it sounds like it's from under you or not. Sometimes sounds don't always come from where they sound like they come from. The Europeans had issues with crossmember bolts loosening, but I've never heard of it on NA Focis.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That sounds like a ball joint to me whether it sounds like it's from under you or not. Sometimes sounds don't always come from where they sound like they come from. The Europeans had issues with crossmember bolts loosening, but I've never heard of it on NA Focis.
if it were the ball joint, would my wheel be pretty wobbly?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts