Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well ive been having a lot of problems with my zx3 lately and its been getting worse after 2 full tune ups in a month (thinking i got bad parts) still nothing.. then today i was standing behind my car and i could hear a "pop" through the exhaust every couple of seconds and a putter, that went along with the very rough idle ive been getting i put my hand over the exhaust and it was barley comming out and it was cool. not warm not hot just cool then i had a buddy hit the gas and a slight bit more came out and it got a lil warmer but not like it should be... im thinking the cat is cloged what do u guys think?

Where do i get a race header with no cat on it? or at least a mid pipe that will eliminate the cat all togather?

·
Registered
189 Posts
All race headers eliminate the cat. It connects straight to the flex. A shorty header, on the other hand, you have the option of putting your stock or an aftermarket cat, OR you can get an ORP (off road pipe) to connect to the flex pipe.

Is it the stock cat? How many miles do you have on your car? It "may" still be under warranty.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Tony D. at Newedgeperformance.com or Mcnewsautomotive.com will be able to hook you up with the parts you need. Both are local here to the east coast as well.
Check to see what your local emissions laws allow and then go from there, you can go header with or without a cat, depending on inspections. Also, keep in mind the cat does keep the car a bit more quiet if thats a concern.

·
Registered
557 Posts
is there any way to test your cat?

·
Registered
557 Posts
uggggg...... lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts