Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car recently has been idiling rough and if im driving and push the clutch in to shift my rpms climb instead of dropping. When i come to a stop the revs climb like crazy with the clutch pushed in like up past 4200. If im driving like 10-15 mph and its in gear the car will slowly accelerate w/o touching the gas. I just replaced the TPS 3 weeks ago im stock besides AEM CAI. I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
400 Posts
vaccum leak is possible, thats a pretty high rev for that though, but it could still be that, rogue air. it will make you idle higher but also under a load, hmmmm i don't exactly know, thats all i can think of, check that out. Look at all vacuum lines. If you have to use a small amount of starting fluid, with the engine running spray a little starting fluid near some vacuum lines, if the idle jumps up more, look there for a vacuum leak...hope i helped.

Andrew

·
Registered
27 Posts
You could also have a sticking IAC solinoid. When it begins to happen disconnect it and see if the idle drops- if it does than either the iac is sticking or the PCM is requesting the iac to come on. I have seen tp sensors reading in the part throttle range and that will cause the pcm to request more iac causing the idle to race up even when the pedal is not touched.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks ill take a look at those and see what happens. Rep added

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Think it could have went up again this soon just replaced it less than a month ago.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damnit all to hell ima buy stock in these things LOL(if thats what it is). Ill take it off tomorrow and have a look. Funny thing is i ran with the CAI for like a year and a half through rain storms and everything. I decided to get a bypass valve like 7 months ago and now is when i have problems. What gives im half tempted to go back to stock.
Edited: For 100th post LOL whoo hooo i dont post much

·
Registered
975 Posts
i had the same syptoms with my car. replaced tps and it fixed the problem.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just fixed it TPS took it off and it just spins and spins no spring action, and it was wet guess ill have to get rid of the Aem Cai. Well thats just an excuse to start my turbo build.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you use engine-cleaner on spray (i.e carb and choke cleaner, air-intake cleaner) ? ( you spray engine-cleaner in via the throttle body) As far as I know the focus throttle body is coated with something - and that "something" breaks if you use engine-clean spray or similar products.

The symptoms you describe sounds like you need to replace the Throttle body?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts