Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2007 zx3 see last weekend. My climate control bulbs are burned a out and the right half of my cluster is also burned out. I have been searching and can't seem to find an exact answer. So what is the exact size of the bulbs in the climate controls and cluser?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to General Tech Chat

(MkI Focus section might have worked as well, but duratec performance def. isn't a good fit for answers)

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts

·
TARBO-PANDA
4,910 Posts
I also had one burn out -- I'm thinking of changing up color but not sure to what...

There are tons of T5 LEDs on ebay :)

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
194's IIRC

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I went to summit racing to look at the bulbs. Both the 194 and 168 bulbs were about 5x the size of the bulbs I need. Still not sure which ones to get...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What is written on your current bulbs....anything?
Nope nothing at all. I think they might be #74 bulbs, but there aren't any in stores near me. I ordered some off ebay so I hope they fit. If not it won't be a huge loss other and I'll be back to square 1 lol

·
Registered
2004 Focus Wagon, Zetec DOHC, Auto
1,590 Posts
Good. If we can figure out the physical size, then that will help narrow down the wattage selections.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Hmmmmmm.....

Might be a 74, or 2723, or something similar.

If it is a 74, it should draw .1 Amp at 14 V.

Do you have a way to measure amps and volts thru a good bulb?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't know how to do that lol. I also believe they are the 74 bulbs but there are a ton of bulbs that look just like them.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Agreed....there are a ton of bulbs in that physical size.

Multimeter should have amp function. Use a wire jumper to attach one side of the bulb to battery, and use meter leads to complete the circuit to other side of bulb and battery. Polarity is not important. That will give the bulb amps.

Next measure battery voltage and then we can compare that to known bulb specs.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
The #74 quite possibly correct.

When you get your #74 bulbs that you ordered, then compare the brightness to one of your good bulbs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i ordered the #E74 not the 74. my bulb was smaller than the 74 but pretty much was spot on with the E74. if the watts or volts are higher do you think it will ruin anything?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts