Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently I've noticed a clicking noise that seems to be coming from the front drivers side area whenever I apply the brakes. The speed of the clicking depends on how fast I am traveling, meaning the clicks come slower and slower as I come to a stop. I haven't touched my front brakes in over a year, but the pads still look like they have a good amount of life left.

Has anyone else experienced this with their foci? Any brake gurus have any tips? I will be glad to add REP if you happen to help me out!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Are you just looking at the outside pads when you say that the pads look good? The inside pads could be worn if you have a sticky slider. Also kinda sounds like a CV joint.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i know this is old, but i got the same problem...not clicking, more like clunking. Heard it was Caliper Piston issues, checking it out today. Will inform

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
I agree with dsmuts, check the slider pins first. Dirty or dry ones can cause a pad to drag (not fully release) and cause the noises mentioned. Another cause is a poor quality rotor (metallurgically) which results in poor or uneven bedding. This will, however, usually result in a pulsating effect felt through the brake pedal when stopping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts