Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would just like to Extend the Invitation to a G2G that Cleveland6Club.com is having August 26, 2006. There's going to be a BBQ at a Camp Site In The Park Down there. There will also be a mini 'Fun Run' from Lexington, OH to Pleasent Hill Dam.

Here's The Details Copied from Here:

I guess this will qualify for or next big meet, we'll be extending an invitation to our friends from Columbus as well.

The will be a spirited driving event from Lexington, Ohio to the Pleasant Hill Dam, near Mohican State Park. This will give everyone a chance to see how well the 6's handle sharp turns, elevation changes, etc.

After the run, we'll head over to one of the many picnic areas and have a Bar B Que and discuss the cars and our new club. Also, we can rent canoes and or tubes and enjoy the water.

We'll post pics of the sites Lauri and I scouted out and we'll vote on where we want to have the picnic. we'll also start a list of what we are bringing, etc.

Please check back tonight for the rest of the information.

Marlon

the site i reserved is called the North Point Shelterhouse. The Park Rangers will post signs (not sure where) that read "Cleveland 6 Club" and will point the way. You can log on to the state park's website www.dnr.state.oh.us/odnr/parks/ and click on Mohican State Park. there is a map on the site. the North Point Shelterhouse is located at the end of CR 939 (coming in from the North Forest Entrance) past the Forest Station at the end of the loop. Since there are 2 fireplaces, we could bring wood (if anyone has some) or search the area for some, we could roast marshmallows and make s'mores ... yum, yum ... we'll also need a couple of large coolers for beverages and some snacks, i.e. chips, etc ... if it's hot, feel free to bring some sort of flotation device if you'd like to cool off by lazily floating in the river near the Covered Bridge area.

Any questions or suggestions, please speak up. Looking forward to seeing everyone again at another great Cleveland 6 Club event.

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We have a mini list of people to bring stuff.

1. Marlon/Lauri-burger patties
2. Kim - buns for the burgers (if you guys aren't bringing them), napkins, plates, and brownies (or other dessert form)
3. Mike- Chips and condiments (Ketchup/Mustard/any other requests made here I'll pick up).
4. Devon/Jessie - Charcoal
5. Keith - pop/cups since
6. Jamie - potato and macaroni salad plus the plastic silverware

·
What bump stop?
1,947 Posts
Next Saturday eh? I'd be down for a little trip to the park. Spirited drive huh, where exactly would this take place? I read there may be a couple foci there to, someone posted that, somthing about an SVT or so. If they don't mind having my little ford at their mazda party I'd be down with going[:D]

Also what type of food stuff/supplies would they need, I wouldn't want to show up empty handed[thumb]

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The will be a spirited driving event from Lexington, Ohio to the Pleasant Hill Dam, near Mohican State Park. This will give everyone a chance to see how well the 6's handle sharp turns, elevation changes, etc.
If you need any further Details I will ask. I'm assuming it's somewhere around RT 13 in Mansfield and RT 71. I'm assuming that we're taking 13 down to Loudenville some way or another.

Also what type of food stuff/supplies would they need, I wouldn't want to show up empty handed
We shouldn't need anything that i posted up.....anything else you want to cook or bring, you're more than welcome to bring whatever [thumb]

No they don't mind me bringing my Focus. A guy on that board has a brother, who is bringin his Focus SVT. So there 'should' be atleast 2 there.......that is, if i can get her back before then [:(]

·
What bump stop?
1,947 Posts
kewl, I'm game then[cool] Plus I'll at least know someone there, even if it is you[:p] I'll probibly bring sausages and buns for said sausage. Am I to assume the driving will be after the meet at Mohican, or will it be before.

Hopefully you'll have your baby back by then.

[cues music]

I want my baby back baby back baby back [:D]

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
count that as 2 svt's now [:D]

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
SWEET! This is sounding better and better!

Lee - you bringing anything?

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Looks like fun... but too short a notice for me to get my Cheesehead ass down there....

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
i might be going to an indians game that day so i'll see how long i could stay. i can bring whatever is needed [:D]

cheesehead... so that explains the yellow![idea]

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We are meeting @ I-71 and OH 13( exit 169 ) at the Mc Donalds around 11:00AM. We'll need ice, beverages if you'd like to bring those items.
It appears that we're going on the fun run first and making our way down to Mohican.

So as of now, feel free to bring those and whatever you guys feel to cook or drink. The place where we're meeting is about an exit or 2 past (About 20 mintues) where we all meet up in Ashland to go down to Spring Into Focus if that gives you an idea of where to meet up at.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
OrangeSVTguy said:

cheesehead... so that explains the yellow![idea]
Actually... just a coincidence... hehe.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Thanks for the info and invite. However, i'm won't be able to make it due to my bachelor party on that day. I will be heading from Canton to Columbus that day, and i'll be at I-71 and 13 roughly an hour and a half after you guys will. I'm going to have to remember that the Po Po may be on the lookout for SVT's in the area after you guys go through. ahhhaha. have fun.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
^^^^^

Have a blast at your bachelor party! I know I'm looking forward to mine!

·
What bump stop?
1,947 Posts
lildisco said:
We are meeting @ I-71 and OH 13( exit 169 ) at the Mc Donalds around 11:00AM.
Is this definite? I just want to make sure where we're gonna meet at. Hopefully I'll have my sway bars on by then, if not oh well[:D]

EDIT::: Devon, my air compressor is 2hp, 33 gallon[thumb]

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
looks like the focus will still be in the body shop untill next week [:(] then it has to go in for the Idle Problem [:D] geez........i miss the twistie's already [:(] [:(] [:(]

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
^[:(] damn they are taking their time... which should be good. you don't want them to rush and [:)][:)][:)][:)] it all up [thumb] where's everyone meeting up at for the cruise? i'll have my car back tomorrow night (wednesday)

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Me and Ben (Site Admin on Cleveland6Club.com) are meeting up at his house in Litchfield. You're more than welcome to meet me in Oberlin and we'll drive to his house. Then we're driving down from there to RT 13 in Mansfield. It's up to you on how you want to get down there........i know how you are with directions [;)]

·
What bump stop?
1,947 Posts
Just to make sure, we are meeting at 11am at exit 169 on SR 71 correct?? I asked you like 4 posts ago but you never said anything[:p] I just want to make sure since I'll be making the trip by myself, as in a one car convoy, as in solo foci, as in nobody following me. Val will be there as usual as my co-pilot, but I'll be rollin' on the freeway by myself.

I just want to be absolutely certain that everyone is still meeting there so I can go on the twistie run. Hopefully when I get home tomorrow my swaybars are here. The rear will get put on but the front is like a case and a half of beer project. lol. I looked over the tech manual at ford and all I have to say is[eek] [eek] [eek]

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes we're still meeting at the Mc Donalds on the Exit 169 on 71 (RT 13 Exit)

A case and a half of beer for over a weeks time should be nothing for you Brian, but if it was me, i would have to stop at a half of 6 pack [nutkick]

·
What bump stop?
1,947 Posts
ahh, I can do a case and a half in a couple hours[:eek:] Some people think its a problem, I just call it skill.[;)]

Sweet glad to know we're still meeting at Micky D's at 11. I'll probibly get there around 10:30 ish or so. I know there's construction on 71, I was just down in Middletown at AK Steel Monday and Tuesday for work. That was a 4 1/2 hour drive that sucked my balls.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts