Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any fanatics in the NE Ohio area that's adept in electrical. I've been stumped in getting these door locks to illuminate. I have a ZX3 with manual windows and no power window connector. If any other crankers succeeded in this project, kindly offer your advice or a how-to please. Thank you.

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,097 Posts
I would imagine that you'd have to tap into something that turns on when the car is on, like maybe the radio circuit

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it has to be a hot wire? I tried three headlight switch wires and it was a no go on two but the third it will flicker when I turn the car off. No joy in that.

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,097 Posts
I would imagine that you you have 2 wires coming from the switch. 1 for hot, 1 for ground. Make sure you're grounded & make sure you have actual power when the car turns on. You could possibly have a bad switch

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any suggestions? I have two things wired to the headlight switch so that's eliminated. Would I need thicker wire perhaps?

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,097 Posts
Shouldn't need a thicker wire. Have you tried just running a jumper wire from the switch to the power source & another jumper to the ground? To eliminate the switch being bad

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,097 Posts
The switch may operate perfectly, but the wiring/circuitry inside might have been damaged at some point not allowing it to illuminate properly

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Still a no go, either no illumination or flickers when the car is off. Currently it's wired to the light switch. Positive is hooked to pin 8 (skinny grn/black) and negative on 13 I think. I know it's the sole black wire on the harness. What am I doing wrong here? I have the trunk button and some glow pedals wired to the headlight switch and all three components works fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts