Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always had a slight boner over the VW guys who clear pretty much everything but the engine out of their engine bays.

I've recently acquired the materials for a battery relocate, and was wondering what else is (somewhat) easy to relocate/hide.

I remember seeing a picture (I think it was a UK focus) that had done a BEAUTIFUL job clearing out everything, but I can't seem to find it or it's origins...

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hmm, remove egr:p You can tuck the wires, you can move the Radiator Resovoir tank also.
I am moving my battery to on top of my Stock Intake or tranny mount, If I can figure it out. I would like to move mine to the trunk... But can't spare for the kit at the moment. My Battery box broke, that holds my battery...

Umm, The windshield wipper top fil can be moved also.

Hey RyEnd since you got a relocate kit, can I buy your battery box and tray!:)

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
If you don't have a Ford wiring diagram, basic wiring knowledge, soldering skills and some common sense ... don't even bother trying.

A 'wire tuck' is not easy in these cars by any means.

About as far as anyone goes is moving the battery to the back and removing the EGR stuff. Not many people have gone further.

I've tucked some of my bay and am slowly working on the rest.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have all of these things...

I really wish I could find the picture I was referring to in my first post... it was a work of art. I'm sure it took some creativity and a long, long time.

·
Registered
357 Posts

This was jacked from a thread I take no credit. But very clean..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Also some tips I should add, be ready to have your car down for a weekend at least and shaving/painting is a big part of having a clean bay. Its ver hard to do that in a weekend.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, shaving the bay and the wire-tuck is definitely a winter project.

In the meantime I'll be relocating the battery and planning for custom coolant/ps/brake reservoirs and their placement, as well as possibly relocating the fuse box.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The one thing that stopped me from moving the PS resivor was I think it was to be higher than the pump. If that isn't true then it would be a easy move. On the fuse box, I've been trying of to think of an easier way to extend all those wires. I was thinking of getting another harness and doing lots of repinning.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I find creating harnesses oddly soothing... probably will just sit down one day and extend them all, lol.

Hmmm, I'm not sure about p/s. I've seen it relocated forward and towards the pass side. Maybe w/ the right custom shape you would tuck it away somewhere... The stock Gatorade bottle is ugly as sin though.

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
The one thing that stopped me from moving the PS resivor was I think it was to be higher than the pump. If that isn't true then it would be a easy move. On the fuse box, I've been trying of to think of an easier way to extend all those wires. I was thinking of getting another harness and doing lots of repinning.
Just depin them, and extend the wires, Chris. I would like to wire tuck my car, but I don't have time to do it. Plus, that fusebox in the bay is tricky.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
If you guys want,
Post quality pictures of anything you unpin and want to extend and I'll try to find the appropriate part # for the pin. That way you only have to make 1 solder joint. Pins are generally very cheap, on average about $0.03 each.
Or tell me what connector and I can probably figure it out.

If you want to dig yourself, many of the connectors in the car are made by Tyco Electronics, who has a great online catalog and engineering section for the connectors, but it's huge and a bit cumbersome to navigate.
I've posted a few part #'s for pins/connectors previously and I'm trying to find most of them to put a somewhat complete list together, if possible.

·
Registered
339 Posts
keep this thread going [thumb]

wire tuck on a focus [:)~][woot]

·
Registered
0 Posts
I'll have some pics for you guys come March-April timeframe. I'm having it professionally done locally here at a shop that specializes in such things. Gotta ride hoodless at FR'12 and H2Oi out here in the Mid-A

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey akight, look no farther bro, if Bam wins again I'm leavin, my thought is we could just be the Castro Bros, I'll be Fidel, and you can be the younger better lookin Raul. Forget that narcotic stuff, sugar and cegars will work and we'll just open a junkyard and sell old ford parts back to the states! We could prolly talk Ollie North into tryin to get that bay o pigs thing straight this time, and he could drop the castro boys off down there with Hugo, Hugo prolly needs a little help any way, are ya with me so far!LOL

1 - 20 of 25 Posts