Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
le kittens meow
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i have a 4-1 header, deleted cat and 2.5 flex pipe

Im dropping my car 2 inches,
with that header i think im gonna have less than an inch clearance in the front and thats no good.

What setup should i go with if im dropping 2 inches.
Member i dont have a cat.

Would the SVT header give me any more clearance? would i need to buy a cat? does it go-----SVT header->cat->flexpipe->exhaust?

What aobut the shorty header? What would i attach to the bottom of the header since i dont have a cat? and again whats the setup for that?

any other options?

·
Wales!!
10,218 Posts
u shouldn't have a problem with the height, i have focus central long tube 4-2-1 header to flex pipe and my car is dropped atleast 2 inches. andrei's focus has svt headers (lower than my header) and has about 2 inch drop and is fine also. brad (klod) had 2.2 inch drop with the teins and also had svt header and didn't hit.

·
le kittens meow
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm i was under my car today it looks AWFULLY low.
I wouldnt have money to change headers until after my suspesnion anyway, probably this summe or something.
Can i get a Shorty header and somehow hook a highflow cat to it and then attach that toooooo ??flex?Exhaust??

PS its just a 4-1 off ebay.
i think i might want to add a cat to quiet down my exhaust anyway.. so can i do what i said up there^^^^?

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have the Focus Sport header, and there is no way I would be able to crunch it, although the guy before me did [scratch], I would say put on the stock manifold, or let the ebay header face its doom if you don't care much and it was cheap, although that could have some side effects, or better yet make it your excuse to go for svt conversion [grinking]

·
Wales!!
10,218 Posts
E used to have the ebay obx long tube header on his zetec car, with about 2 inch drop and was fine with height. i dont know about cat and long tube header. just weld in a long ass resonator and u should be fine. thats what brad did (28 inches long). im about to install another resonator (10 inch) on my car. 18inches is not long enough. its sounds good when u floor it, but the low tone is too loud for daily driving/cruising. u will hear my car at the cruise at end of month if ur going.

·
le kittens meow
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright i think ill go out tomarrow and measure how much clearence i acutally have with the stock suspension and see if lowering 2 inches will be good.
ANd ill bet you 25$ that my car is louder than yours lol.
to put in a new resonator u just hack a section off (18 inches in your case) and weld the new resonator in right?

Thanks for the input Lil Redzx3, im gonna cehck it out, and racerguy120, stock is not an option as i had to cut the cat clear off the header and the flex in order to get it out everything was rusted together.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
My SVT's front tires are actually up in the fender wells...... and I dont drag and still have clearance room.

·
Wales!!
10,218 Posts
if u want the louder car u can have it, im hating it right now. after a while it gets annoying. for a month or too i ran the long tube headers to straight pipe. that was really, really loud. im surprised i didn't get pulled over, im surprised i don't get pulled over now.

·
Registered
975 Posts
i have an svt setup and i hit my bump stops atleast 3 times a week and have never hit the header or my cutout valve

·
le kittens meow
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sjd im not proud of it either. and i should have been pulled over long ago

well it sounds like the SVT (if i hit with this one) will be the way to go.
How is that setup? Does it go svt header, then a cat, then a flexpipe? or just header to flex? where can i find the few things i need, header shouldnt be hard but a high flow cat and all if someone could tell me what im looking for that would really help.

·
Registered
975 Posts
header, cat/orp, flex.
i think there is an svt header for sale now in the bst. good luck finding an orp id sell u my cat but i need for emission time. and the lfex u can get from trubendz.
u will also need the svt dip stick and tube.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
with the svt header setup it goes: header to cat to flex, same order as stock but the flanges are in different places. and to answer your question from before, yes you could use a shorty header with high flow cat and it would bolt up to your flex pipe fine.

get in touch with mike(b16sir1991) at hilbish ford if you want to go new. he can get you a deal on the svt header "kit". it comes with the header with added egr bung, new egr tubes, and new dipstick. all you would need to buy after that would be a cat (i went with a used stock svt cat) mcnews or cfm can get the hiflow cats btw i think that cfm is out of them tho. you would need either a stock svt flex pipe or aftermarket 2.5". i highly recommend that you go with the 2.5" flex b/c for one its cheaper and its what flows best with the header's 2.5" collector. you will need to buy some O2 sensor extensions or just splice them yourself if you feel up to it.

here's a list of what you need to complete the header swap:
-svt header
-cat(highflow, stock, or offroad pipe)
-flex(trubendz sells a 2.5" flex for $100)
-svt dipstick(comes with kit from ford)
-egr tubes(comes with kit from ford)
-gaskets:head/header(comes with the kit), header/cat, cat/flex, flex/catback(i reused
this peice)
-bolts(massive sells a header bolt kit that has the cool allen head bolts for cheap)
-O2 sensor extender, or O2 eliminator
-O2 sensor removal tool or large cresent wrench

i think thats pretty much it for the svt header swap. i really like mine, hope this helps some people out b/c there were alot of people posting wrong info n'stuff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts