Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah just that were do we find-em and approx how much $$$ I do believe they would look good on my liquid gray![:)~]

·
Registered
793 Posts
I havent seen the smoked ones for a long time, I used to see them on eBay but they dont seem to be as common now, Im not sure why, maybe they were from a crappy manufacturer?

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
OFFTOPIC
i love your avatar greystealth, that is hilarious

ok back on topic now

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
so are those the only ones? They don't look too smoked to me. Preferrably, I'd like something more black to match my black car....anyone?

·
Registered
150 Posts
yeah they aren't really smoked, they're just not as flashy as the completely clear ones. I'd recomend getting some clear ones and putting a light coat of Nite shades on them. I did it before but i went a bit over board and messed them up.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Yeah, I think I'm gonna get the clear ones. As far as messing yours up, just sand the nightshades off (in stages). I've done it before, and it takes a while, but it works. I also found that light coats are best...and when it dries, use a few applications of varying grit compound..then wax. You're left with a nice smooth texture, perfect for clear coat, if you want. Naturally, if you're gonna clear coat, don't wax.

BTW, where is the best place to get a nice set of clear ones? I don't want to deal with leaky lenses, and I'd prefer the clear ones with the reflectors in there...the other ones (like the smoked ones in the link) are too blingin for me. Plus reflectors are less likey to be reason for stopping someone around here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts