Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this film put on my 2007 GTI but I did not keep the car more than a year after. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this application and if is worth the money to have it installed? [loveff]

·
Registered
103 Posts
It does help with stone chips and debris, but it's not a guarantee that something could pierce it or dent the metal. The upshot is that it won't fly off versus a hood deflector.

I have the film on my first Focus, and debated on getting it on my new one. My shop took the film to just above the lights, and then over the fenders, as well as the mirror caps.

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
I'll be getting the nose of my Focus wrapped soon, since winter is coming up fast. Anything to reduce the chance of chips in fresh paint is worth it in my books.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
There is another thread here about (some) 2012 paint chipping easily from road grit. The solution seemed getting the 3M cover. There was also a comment about a metal shield. A very thin magnetic shield to apply to the hood. The metal shield needs trim stuff on edges, included pic.
Anyway, the 3M is lifetime guarantee. The only comment on issues would be the paint color UNDER the plastic might not match down the road after years of use.
The 3M can be applied over the entire front.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts