Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey hey. I'm new to the site, and hailing from Vancouver area of BC Canada. I have a torch red SVT zx3, and want to convert the yellow factory front turn signals to clear lenses with yellow LED's. I've been through the mod section, and most of the links are sadly no longer available. Any thoughts? FYI, eBay appears useless for the moment for what I'm looking for

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Welcome to FF!

If you are talking about the front bumper turn signals then you want this: LINK or this: LINK

If you are talking about the lights in between the grille, then those cant be changed as far as i know.

There are a few other alternatives though.

Euro Grill Mod is probably the best looking, though it requires you to buy a euro grille which are about $130

Or, you can get some spray-tint, mask off your grill, and spray-tint the turn signals. They will still light up orange, but appear to be black otherwise.

Finally, you can buy the clear-turn signal style grill from ebay, however those do not come in the honeycomb format, and wouldnt look too good on a SVT.

good luck!

·
Jetsetter
6,659 Posts
They made a grille with clear turn signals in them, I found it on ebay. Its a factory ford grille too.
true however the SVT grille is a diamond pattern and the non SVT grille is horizontal bars. There is no way to convert the svt to clear as far as i know, and Ive never seen a clear SVT grille, only the standard focus grille with clear.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
I've often considered fabbing somthing up. Like using the standard ZX3 grill, cutting it up to take out the bars and deep enough to remove the lenses, and then putting in some clear plexi and laying in a honeycomb insert.

I just don't have the SVT grill to cut up to work it out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I'm not gonna do any major mods like cutting, but thanks anyways y'all. I'm feeling cheap right now, so if its not easy as a simple lens replacement, not worried

1 - 6 of 6 Posts