Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
k so i took order on my clear corners and it came in like 2 weeks later...

here is a before and after shots... took about 2 hours, but i did also clean my messy rims in there....

b4

after

ok so i started out with the passenger side cuz i figured it would be easier....

~started out jacked the car up and took the wheel off
~then took all the screws out of the wheel well cover
~ got me to this point

~ unscrewed the little nut things that were holding it in and unclipped it

~ from there unhook the light, replace the bulb and put the new lense in and reverse everything you just did... grab a drink... (in my case a coke and relax for a second...)

OR clean your rim like i did
it needed it from this winter... (any advice to get it really clean? i got the big stuff but still some dingyness)

now to the other side... a bit more pics here...

~ again jack it up and take the wheel off
~ take the screws out

the one that had me tricked... couldnt find it... its the empty hole not the other...
~ yank the thing on outa there.... carefully

~ CRAM your hand in there... i dont have small hands and i made it work...just takes a bit of working on it... and for the other end i used a sawed off 13mm to get at it... made easy work of it...

~ if you unhook the light and kinda cram it upward you have about another inch or so of access to the nut...

~ un clip it and pop it on outa there...

~ replace... CAREFULLY i broke the freakin clip that holds it in cuz its a tight fit and i tapped it and it cracked off so i had to really make sure the nuts on the back were tight to hold her in place...

~ put it all back together and your done...

end result, after 2 hours, clear corners, clean rims, and a shorty antenna....

comments welcomed... im looking at the color matched front grill and a DROP asap... thanks for takin a look [thumb]

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got em on e-bay for like 20something shipped... and i took the whole fender well out cuz it just made it easier.... and they were really dirty so i hosed them off [thumbs]

·
Registered
496 Posts
And if you do the "Stealth CAI" at the same time its a WHOLE lot easier.
No more air filter box to get in the way!

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^yeah i know, i was ganna wait till i did that but since my car got egged i dont have the cash for that...

and yippie on a add to the how too [thumb]

·
Registered
154 Posts
Algorhythm said:
Dude I just left the car on the pavement and crawled under there like a REAL MAN [thumb]
thats what i was gonna say. you dont have to jack it up, take the wheel off, or remove any bolts from the inner fender. All you do is reach up from below and unbolt the old ones, install new ones and put the nut on the back side. Done.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
for the 05's there is the splash guard in the way... youd have to take that out and thats more of a PITA to me then taking the tire off...

·
☼
7,494 Posts
I know.. I have an 05. It's not as hard as this HOW-TO made it to be.

Took me maybe 20 minutes, no removing anything but old turn signals and installing the new ones.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
ok i just took these its not really a write up but its a hole hell lot easyer to do then all that tire crap and only took me like 20-30 mins

heres your engine bay

heres the intake side of the car see the opening

if u look down u will see your side marker i just stuck my hand down there and undid the 2 hold on nuts there just twisted on

same for this side put your hand in the hole, u can see the marker from the outside i cant get a good pic of it but u can see it if u look. just run your hand doen there and unscrew it

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
this is just how i did it, i dont have a CIA so i cant just reach down and do it... and to me undoing the splash guard was a ton of work, my rims also needed cleaning... if you dont like how i did it, dont use it... i was just trying to help out a bit

1 - 20 of 22 Posts