Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, ive been lookin to snag some clear bumper lenses but i cant see paying nearly $40 for them. could anyone recommend some place i could find them cheaper? even used if its reliable? any help would be appreciated, thx

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
You can get them on eBay. They are all over the place.
And I have the APC ones and I have no problem with them.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
i also recommend looking on ebay.i got mine off ebay and i havent had any problems with them so far. they even came with amber bulbs

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
One thing to keep in mind when purchasing the clear bumper lenses is:

Do you wanted a lense(Like the APC) that is frosted so it helps conceals the bulb

or...

do you want a completely clear lense(non-frosted) so the bulb is clearly seen/exposed.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
ooh, if you go with the latter, try to see if you can get some of the new silverstar bulbs to go in there! they look kinda bluish when they're not on, but blink a bright orange when they're on. i think they'd look schweet!

Mike

PS- what is the stock bulb size, anyway?

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Side marker turn signal bulbs are GE194 or equivalant.
I think on the Syvania bulbs they jusy say 194 but they work.

I'll have to check out those SilverStar bulbs if they have them in the 194 size.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
damn! sylvania doesn't make them in silverstars that i know of, but i'll try to remember to check at work when i go in next time. on the plus side, this is a popular size to find all sorts of colored bulbs. they're not necessarily legal, but what the heck.

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts