Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have already been discussed but I just went and bought all of the cleaning products I would ever need for my new Focus. The one product I'm scared to use before before getting some advice from the Focus community is the interior protectant. I have never had a car with a soft touch dash like the Focus's and I love it and don't want to screw it up. So I bought Turtle Wax F21 Super Protectant, the bottle stats that it a "New Age Formula for Modern Materials" and has a "Non-Greasy, Dry-Touch Shine". Just wanted to see what 2012 owners are using to clean/protect their dash, and what you all would recommend and does anyone have any experience with this product?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I got the Armor All matte finish protectant for my dashboard. I don't really like the oily/shiny look anymore - it's too hard to keep it like that 24/7... I also got the cleaning wipes and leather protectant/conditioner for my seats.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Moved to "Auto Washing & Detailing"

·
Registered
588 Posts
Is it matte or shiny?
Depends on the surface. I'd call it 'satin' in most cases. It's a bit shiny, but not overly so, and not greasy at all.

I also spread it all over my radio buttons and hard plastic parts and it looks great. It doesn't leave a film, but keeps the plastic dark and new-looking. (If you do this, you'll have to do ALL the plastic... because the parts you don't wipe will look like crap by comparison, hahaha)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just ordered the whole gang. Used it for the first time today. It works really well on all the surfaces in the 3rd gen interior, with the mix of hard and soft plastics.

I agree with the comment above, if you put it on the black plastics in the car, make sure to touch up everything. It makes everything look dark and crisp to the color.

I wish there was a touch more sheen to it, but I can appreciate the clean look without the look of an oil coating.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
303 is good stuff.

Whoever posted saying they used armorall, have fun with your dash cracking in a few years.

I also like meguiars interior protectants as well. They have UV protection, and can be bought in a low or high gloss formula.

·
Registered
444 Posts

I can't stress enough don't use Armor All

Use Meguairs Dash cleaner they offer shine versions and non shiny versions, the one I posted is non shiny.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I like Megular's Natural Shine it is a more matte finish and it soaks in an has UV protectants. I haven't applied it to the Focus yet but will soon!

Can someone post a pic of the dash with the aerospace stuff applied?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've used Armor All once (yesterday)... Is there a good way to wash it off before it causes any dry rot/damage?

·
Banned
8,043 Posts
It takes years for it to cause dry rot. It will happen, but it's a slow process.

You can just dilute some APC and wipe on wipe off until it doesn't feel greasy anymore.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I'm pretty lazy when it comes to cleaning my interior - not sure if that's a good or a bad thing because as a result I only used the Armor All that one time...

·
Banned
8,043 Posts
I like Megular's Natural Shine it is a more matte finish and it soaks in an has UV protectants. I haven't applied it to the Focus yet but will soon!

Can someone post a pic of the dash with the aerospace stuff applied?
Idk how much my dash differs from a focus but I applied 303 for the first time yesterday. I could take a pic if you wanted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can any one I took my St to be cleaned they used a polish on the dashboard that is now shines no more soft touch dash can this be reversed or am I stuck with this now thanks guys

·
Registered
51 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts