Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want an opinon on whtas the best product to use to clean my throttle body and injectors. Car has been parked fopr about 5 months now and i know there's carbon build up. After starting as long as the revs r above 1500 it's fine but at idle it's rough. Also when u turn on the a/c at idle the car tends to shut off.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I use Chevron Techron - run a bottle through with every oil change...

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I haven't had to clean my TB yet... I swear there was a thread on here but I can't find it. You might want to try a electronics cleaner as I know that won't leave a residue...

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Anything Radio Shack would have. Or you can ask at your auto parts store and they should know what you're talking about. (Tell them you want to clean the MAF - they should have something if they know what they're doing)
The foam cleaner may well work. The best test I can think of is to clean a piece of glass (or even a mirror) with it and see if it dries clean, you don't want any residue. The electronics cleaner has the benefit of being spray on. If your foam cleaner isn't spray on you want to clean the MAF gently with a Q-tip soaked in the cleaner. Heck, nail polish remover may even work, it's just acetone - but I'd check that with the glass test too just to make sure they didn't add something to it.

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
You can buy throttle body cleaner at an auto parts store for a few dollars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts