Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just had my daughters 2.0L Vin"P" rebuilt in her 2003 Ford Focus. I am getting ready to fire it up for the first time on Tuesday 12-16-14.

I would like to assure it fires on the first start.

I have been thinking that I should pull the fuel injectors and clean them via the way youtube videos show by cycling them with a battery while spraying a cleaner into them.

This car never had a problem starting before.

Is this a good or bad idea?

Thanks,
Kenny

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I've used the exact same technique on the V6Mistakes 24lb injector upgrade. Just use new o-rings.

·
Registered
17,458 Posts
'This car never had a problem starting before.'

'I would like to assure it fires on the first start.'

Seems to me your way is clear.............why go looking for trouble where none existed? Fuel injectors don't clog simply sitting there and if car ran fine I see no need to touch them and then car not start to make you wonder if you messed THEM up. There will be enough guessing going on at a no start already. You can always do them later.

Fuel injector cleaning unless POSITIVELY PROVEN as needed is highly overrated, I've not cleaned them whatsoever in a long stream of cars. Most who do simply could figure out the other things messing up car that had nothing to do with injection.

I've let car sit more than a year to have injectors instantly go back up as before and no issues. And many more times shorter period of time than that, months at a time usually.

I'd make doubly sure that intake is clean inside to get rid of any previous blowup particles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts