Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer left a couple grease spots on my seats and I tried to remove them with some cheapo car cleaner from Walmart and it just faded the stains and left terrible ring spots. What should I use to clean this? I wish I would have just returned the car and told Ford to clean it but I figured they would come right out but of course....they didnt. Would house cleaner Resolve work? Should I use just a cloth or bristle brush?

·
Registered
495 Posts
i would first try a mircofiber cloth or washcloth with dish soap....thats what i use if i get any stains/spots on my cloth...works pretty well

·
Registered
215 Posts
I would try Resolve. I've had good luck with it getting grease marks out of carpet without damaging it. Fabric is essentially the same as carpet, but I would be cautious and test a hidden patch first to ensure colorfastness.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
If you have a rug shampooer like a rug doctor get one of those and use that. Works so well. I used one on my cloth racing seats and my entire carpet sucked out so much dirt.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I just spilled about a teaspoon, maybe less, of balsamic vinaigrette dressing on my passenger seat. I'm at work but want to do something to try to pre-treat the stain. Any suggestions? Any chance that maybe a Tide To Go stick would work? That's the only thing I have on me, no washcloths or sponges or microfiber cloths at the office and definitely no dish soap or resolve. Help! Real mad at myself right now as this car is less than 2 months old!

·
Registered
495 Posts
i know this is an old thread, but i just spilled about a teaspoon, maybe less, of balsamic vinaigrette dressing on my passenger seat. I'm at work but want to do something to try to pre-treat the stain. Any suggestions? Any chance that maybe a tide to go stick would work? That's the only thing i have on me, no washcloths or sponges or microfiber cloths at the office and definitely no dish soap or resolve. Help! Real mad at myself right now as this car is less than 2 months old!
prob not a big deal until you get home but tide to go might work...also maybe bathroom soap and a cloth of some kind...?

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have had good luck with ZEP upholstry cleaner that I found at an auto parts store.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Great, thanks! I think my mom might actually have some of that stuff in her basement. I'm going over there after work to see what my sister has left over there, she used to be big on detailing her car and has all kinds of stuff that she used to use and left there when she moved to FL. I called her because she is big on keeping her car spotless plus she's a chef, so I figured she would know what to get the stain and smell out with. She suggested Resolve and one other thing that she couldn't remember the name of, I bet it's this Zep stuff! Anyway, I'm no longer freaked about my car seat being permanently stained since I have several suggestions on how to remove the stain. I was totally freaking when it happened to the point that I was sick to my stomach! I'm still in the new car phase where I park a mile from anybody so it doesn't get dinged and am super-anal about what is allowed in my little FoFo. The fact that I did this myself just made me even more mad because there is nobody that I can be mad at other than myself! Anyway, thanks for the suggestions both here and in the thread that I started in my panic mode! [ffrocks]

·
Registered
636 Posts

ARE YOU TIRED OF CLEANING YOUR SEATS WITH PRODUCTS THAT LEAVE SKUZZY RESIDUE? DO YOU WANT TO LIVE YOU LIFE IN ALL CAPS LIKE ME? TRY OXI CLEAN! IT'L REMOVE EVEN THE TOUGHEST STAINS FROM YOUR SEATS WITH BUBBLING ACTION; GUARANTEED. THAT'S THE POWER OF OXI CLEAN. BUTCHA GOTTA CALL NOW!

Also you read that in his voice.

·
Registered
495 Posts
great, thanks! I think my mom might actually have some of that stuff in her basement. I'm going over there after work to see what my sister has left over there, she used to be big on detailing her car and has all kinds of stuff that she used to use and left there when she moved to fl. I called her because she is big on keeping her car spotless plus she's a chef, so i figured she would know what to get the stain and smell out with. She suggested resolve and one other thing that she couldn't remember the name of, i bet it's this zep stuff! Anyway, i'm no longer freaked about my car seat being permanently stained since i have several suggestions on how to remove the stain. I was totally freaking when it happened to the point that i was sick to my stomach! i'm still in the new car phase where i park a mile from anybody so it doesn't get dinged and am super-anal about what is allowed in my little fofo. The fact that i did this myself just made me even more mad because there is nobody that i can be mad at other than myself! Anyway, thanks for the suggestions both here and in the thread that i started in my panic mode! [ffrocks]
had my car for 2 years now and am still that way!lol

are you tired of cleaning your seats with products that leave skuzzy residue? Do you want to live you life in all caps like me? Try oxi clean! It'l remove even the toughest stains from your seats with bubbling action; guaranteed. That's the power of oxi clean. Butcha gotta call now!

Also you read that in his voice.
^too soon? [?]

·
Registered
193 Posts
A good cleaner to start with is a generic of Woolite in water with a microfiber... works on upholstery and carpets.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
had my car for 2 years now and am still that way!lol

^too soon? [?]
Naaahhh, Billy would have wanted to be on a screen even after death! PLus with all that coke he snorted, I doubt he's actually dead, probably escaped the morgue and is living in the Caymans...

·
Registered
289 Posts
I was totally freaking when it happened to the point that I was sick to my stomach!
I know the feeling. I had a passenger spill a beverage in my brand new Dodge pickup several years ago. That's where the bottle of ZEP came in as I think someone over on the Dodge forums recommended it. I have since used it in other vehicles and even on furniture in the house.

Oil-based stains may be trickier but it is worth a shot. Good luck!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My mustang seats (cloth dark gray) were so easy to clean but my light tan ones in the focus are so much harder. Always leaves a wet ring unless I clean the whole entire seat even for a dime size spot. Also just rain drop leave marks. One of my regrets was getting tan interior.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Well, I went to two different stores looking for ZEP and couldn't find it tonight. Gotta check out Lowe's and Home Depot tomorrow, that's what the guy in the automotive department at Kmart suggested. Anyway, thanks for all the great info! Right now the spot isn't terrible and I am very surprised that there is no smell, I still have full new car smell going on! Now I use gotta get rid of this dang spot. :-(

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Well, I went to two different stores looking for ZEP and couldn't find it tonight. Gotta check out Lowe's and Home Depot tomorrow, that's what the guy in the automotive department at Kmart suggested. Anyway, thanks for all the great info! Right now the spot isn't terrible and I am very surprised that there is no smell, I still have full new car smell going on! Now I use gotta get rid of this dang spot. :-(
Home Depot has it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
If they got it at Home Depot then they probably have it at Lowe's as well, I'll pass right by two Lowe's during my travels today but would have to go out of my way to get to HD. They have pretty much the same stuff plus Lowe's is cheaper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts