Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the proper way to clean the AEM Dry-flo filter?

My CAI didn't come with any instructions on how to clean it and I can only find info on how to clean oiled filters on here. AEM wasn't much help either, the tech seems to be gone today.

- Thanks guys

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
i believe that you simply vaccum it. use the little bruch tool. that is what the guy from Amsoil said to do with their dryflows. im not 100% though, i am still running an oiled filter.

·
Registered
90 Posts
the AEM website has a video on how to clean it. They sell a solution thats like $10 for every 10,000 miles.

Dont put a brush to it you will ruin the filter

·
Registered
137 Posts
The box mine came in states to either vacuum the dirty side or use compressed air on the clean side (it gave a max psi not to exceed if using air but I can't recall what).

Gary

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK! I got through to AEM today and talked to the tech guy. He said that he reccommened thier cleaning solution, DUH, but that Simple Green in warm water would also work. Just swish it around in the solution. He didn't say what amount so I'm not going to use very much. Rinse in water and let it air dry.

Hope this helps anyone else who has the Dry-Flo.

dry flow dry-flow dry flo ( Just putting in different terms so people can search this.)

·
Dragon Warrior
309 Posts
do you know what the replacement part number for the filter is?
Is this on a CAI?

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This on my AEM CAI.

The AEM part # is 21-201DK. AEM sells it for $53.69 but I'm sure you can find it cheaper somewhere else.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I paid $35. at a local shop...

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
is this just the regular filter? Im confused, or is this something new?

·
Was that our exit?!?
2,054 Posts
Same Cone design as most short ram or CAI. just doesnt use oil to catch dirt and grit. Hense "dry"flow. Safer for your MAF sensor.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
connolly92 said:
Same Cone design as most short ram or CAI. just doesnt use oil to catch dirt and grit. Hense "dry"flow. Safer for your MAF sensor.
Hmmmm sounds interesting. Anyone got a link?

·
Registered
359 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts