Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Clean Windows?

4K views 40 replies 32 participants last post by  HawkeyeFLA 
#1 ·
NOTHING I've tried gets my windows completely clean. I've tried soapnwater, Windex, AutoZone's cleaner, some other premium priced stuff that's supposedly a gel and window cleaner, but nothing gets my windows clean. They always look streaky, and water spotted.

Can anyone recommend something or some way to get my windows clean and clear?

Thanks

#3 ·
Sonus has a great product that is a glass/chrome polish. That should get the water spots out. I use the Ammonia free Windex and a micro-fiber towel to clean them and they look great.

If there seems to be a lot of buildup on the windows, try using one of the glass polishers like the Sonus brand with some extremely high grit steel wool.

#6 ·
i learned something from my fellow mexicans used newspaper and windex or anything that cleans windows but make sure u use newspaper it works for me

#39 · (Edited)
Lol im mexican.. i was going to tell this dude that solution hahahaha... but it really works doesnt it? the cheapest of all solutions =D..

1.- get a small towel or shirt or something, a wet one.

2.- get a newspaper and fold it

3.- clean the window with the wet towel, and when no dirt left...

Man u guys like to spend a lot... just wash the windows as if they were other part of the car... water them and dry with newspaper... cheapest way... and nothing happen to the tint, glass or whatever u have... just do it and bluff a lot... haha

4.- use the newspaper to clean it, u gotta do it several times (its similar to waxing the car.. the water won't dry like the wax doesnt... u gotta bluff many times)

5.- take a look to the windows... if dirt stills there... repeat step 3-5

#15 ·
Thanks for all the replies, guys. I do remember from my Army days that we used to get that high gloss shine in the mirrors in the latrines using newspapers, so I'm definitely going to try that along with the other methods and products mentioned here...

Thanks for all the great tips!

#16 ·
I've heard Stoner's is amazing, but never seen it myself (to buy). Eagle 20/20's good in my experience, nothing special. DON'T use Windex if you have tint, it has ammonia in it... bad.

But really, the best thing I've ever done is buy a Glass towel off waynestowels.com - swear to god it's amazing. It can clean windows using only water (except when they're horribly dirty). I've used newspapers and they work but they make a mess of your hands (not the windows though, which I never understood?). TRY the towel, it's awe-inspiring, which sounds so stupid!

#17 ·
Update: I picked up a can (aerosol, I was surprised) of Invisible Glass, some microfiber window cleaning towels and, because it was seconds away from raining, some new Rain-Ex wipers (never saw these before!) and it started raining a second or two, literally, after I got the new blades on.

Didn't get a chance to try the Invisible Glass because of the rain, but first thing tomorrow morning...

#21 ·
I've tried the Invisible Glass and don't like it that much. I always use Gunk window cleaner (tinted window safe). It has always done a better job for me.

#25 ·
Is newspaper tint safe? It won't screw with my tint if I use the newspaper method on the inside windows is what I'm trying to say.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.