Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOTHING I've tried gets my windows completely clean. I've tried soapnwater, Windex, AutoZone's cleaner, some other premium priced stuff that's supposedly a gel and window cleaner, but nothing gets my windows clean. They always look streaky, and water spotted.

Can anyone recommend something or some way to get my windows clean and clear?

Thanks

·
Registered
864 Posts
i use windex, and a non lint towel. not paper towels, or regular towels, but something that is without lint

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sonus has a great product that is a glass/chrome polish. That should get the water spots out. I use the Ammonia free Windex and a micro-fiber towel to clean them and they look great.

If there seems to be a lot of buildup on the windows, try using one of the glass polishers like the Sonus brand with some extremely high grit steel wool.

·
What do i put here?
8,343 Posts
i learned something from my fellow mexicans used newspaper and windex or anything that cleans windows but make sure u use newspaper it works for me

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
Stoner Invisible Glass. Some of the best stuff I've ever ran across. Give it a shot. WalMart, Target, AutoZone etc all carry it.

·
Registered
714 Posts
i've been using the Invisble Glass stuff on mine for a few months now and it works great, it cleans the window really good.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
^^ i use that stuff too. it's amazing and tint safe too [thumb]

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
Yep, it's great stuff. Works as well as it's advertised to, which is pretty refreshing.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Newspaper with stoner invisible glass. Works awesome for cleaning. [thumb]

If this wont get it off, you may need to try something as mentioned before to get the hard water spots off.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Newspaper with some vinegar and water mixture. Thats the best ive found.

·
Jetsetter
6,651 Posts
Windex = bad ive never had luck with windex, i use castle streak free glass cleaner and newspaper, always streak free every time

and see the pattren with the newspaper[:)~]

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the replies, guys. I do remember from my Army days that we used to get that high gloss shine in the mirrors in the latrines using newspapers, so I'm definitely going to try that along with the other methods and products mentioned here...

Thanks for all the great tips!

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
I've heard Stoner's is amazing, but never seen it myself (to buy). Eagle 20/20's good in my experience, nothing special. DON'T use Windex if you have tint, it has ammonia in it... bad.

But really, the best thing I've ever done is buy a Glass towel off waynestowels.com - swear to god it's amazing. It can clean windows using only water (except when they're horribly dirty). I've used newspapers and they work but they make a mess of your hands (not the windows though, which I never understood?). TRY the towel, it's awe-inspiring, which sounds so stupid!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update: I picked up a can (aerosol, I was surprised) of Invisible Glass, some microfiber window cleaning towels and, because it was seconds away from raining, some new Rain-Ex wipers (never saw these before!) and it started raining a second or two, literally, after I got the new blades on.

Didn't get a chance to try the Invisible Glass because of the rain, but first thing tomorrow morning...

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
Glad you found it. Let us know what you think. Also some feedback on the wipers would be great too! [thumb]

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update: used the Stoner's and it did get the windshield and back window pretty clean in the middle but the side windows and the edges of the windshield and back window still have the "waterspots" :(

Maybe a 2nd application will help...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts