Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got bored, so I took my most recent pic and shaved off the Focus badge, ford trunk badge, license plate, third brake light, truck lock, door handles, and door trim using Microsoft Paint. w00t! [woot]

Attachments

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
That would look pretty nice but you would have to add like a dip in the door where the door trim is supposed to go like teh new 06's without the trim and it would look nice...

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
would look sweet

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
^^^that to also complete the body line that starts from the bumper and quarter pan.

does look sweet though. ill try to get a pick of a friend's ZX3. he has shaved hatch and doors.

·
Registered
759 Posts
You should edit out that black strip on the truck too, and the license plate indent.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
holy wow for ms paint thats amazing! haha. looks photoshop quality.

I would rather see-
-colormatched handles
-shaved side moldings, but keep the bump right before it to match the 05+
-shaved ford emblem like you have, but a molded or colormatched trim piece
-third brake light is a single line of LED's in the top of the rear window
-an M3 style lip spoiler

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
SCHWEET

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Nice work for not using P-shop. personally though i like the look of our door handles, without them the side is awfully bland and boring to look at. I do however really like the look of the back and have been wanting to get rid of the ford badge out back and also up front.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
^^
WTF??

Those tails are the ONLY ones I can stand on the sedan other than nightshaded, thats why I bough them and put them on my last focus I just sold them to him yesterday.

Those are TYC and trust me, if you put those next to the crappy Altezza style and APC bull you would see a large diffrence as well. If you look closly they have a black trim on the outside of the housing and that just brings all the black moldings on the car out its just does not look that good without the moldings to compare too.

The job looks good Charlie, but like I said without the moldings the lights look out of place.

Here is a pic of them on my last car, just to give you a better idea.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the compliments everybody. (Except Newkleus! [joke]) I downloaded a trial version of Photoshop Elements 4 to do this with, but it seemed so much more complicated than MS Paint. Jon said to leave the side moldings on, but what I might actually do is remove them and paint them black with a few layers of clearcoat, so that they match the tail light trim better. Thanks again everyone!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts