Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
WOW, that really sucks, I bet he had alot of scratches. I have never tried, I have seen it, but have no clue what it is !!

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
i just liked the way the paint felt after i got done. of course, nothing can help the horrid amount of orange peel on the bottom, but that's certainly not the clay bar's fault!

Mike

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are talking about orange peel look at the bottom of the car. It is meant to be that way. It is a coating under the paint and in the paint to resist chipping from road stuff.

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
what the hell is orange peel? am I jst stupid?

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
orange peel is when paint looks like, well, an orange peel. go outside and look at the bottom of your panels (esp. around the wheels or underneath the door). if you look close, you'll notice the paint looks a little rough and feels rough, too. that's orange peel. typically, orange peel is the result of a bad paint job.

Mike

·
Registered
19 Posts
A claybar will do wonders for your car. I had a Dark Grey Passat and the Meguiars Clay Bar worked great. I used it so much that it just got too dirty. I have to go get a new one now. I am considering the 3M clay bar, but it is a bit pricey.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts