Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a clay bar and used it on an older Taurus I had a couple of years ago. Worked great and was going to use it again on my Focus but I have lost the liquid that comes with it. Can I just use water?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Any spray and shine/ quick detailing spray will work. All you need is a lubricant.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I can't go to walmart as I am stationed in Belgium - I'll try carwash soap & water.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I heard reusing a clay bar is a no no ? But then again a may be wrong ha just throwing that out their !
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
209 Posts
I dont mean to jack this thread or anything but I've got some overspray on my car, both on the paint and on the glass. Will a clay bar work for both or what should i use to get the overspray off?

·
Banned
8,043 Posts
I dont mean to jack this thread or anything but I've got some overspray on my car, both on the paint and on the glass. Will a clay bar work for both or what should i use to get the overspray off?
For the glass, use a flat razor blade to scrape it off.

You can try the clay on the paintwork. Ther are different grades of clay; fine, medium, aggressive. I would start with medium and if that doesn't work, move on to aggressive. Medium and aggressive **may** leave marring behind that would have to be polished out.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I had some over spray on my Fusion from when they painted the inside bottoms of the doors. (None of the door bottoms had a blue top coat on them, just primer). A Meguiar's standard grit clay bar worked fine removing the light over spray. As lyonsroar said, use a razor blade on the glass, a clay bar will also work on the glass, I once used one to remove hard water spots.

·
Registered
397 Posts
most hardcore detailers just use a ratio of car wash and water in a spray bottle. Seems that one of the favorites is optima no rinse wash. Any quick detail spray works just as well.

·
Aggresive Not Crazy
1,815 Posts
Use car wash soap and water try and rinse behind your clay bar. After a bit fild your clay bar Inward. Always fold inwards to get a new section of clay.

·
Banned
8,043 Posts
Window cleaner and water would work, too.
Use caution here!!! What kind of window cleaner are you talking about?? Be specific on brand.

The major property we're looking for here is lubricity. What allows the clay to glide across the surface. Most all window cleaners that I've ever used have very little to no lubricity.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts