Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spend the better part of 4 hours clay barring and waxing the focus today. It was way overdue. I also took the zx5 badge off, and I planed on taking the focus one off too, but the otherone didn't come off as easy as I thought it was going to so I'll do it next time. So here are the fruits of my labor, pics don't due any justice, maybe cuz my camera sucks, but you get the idea.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I just did the same but my 03 was horrible. it took me about 7-8 hours. Did you use a pre wax cleaner, plus a sealer, and finish it off with a wax. I did and dang talk about a mirror and it is turning some heads, leme tell you!![:D]

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
hey, what do you need to use with claybar, ill be doing mine in 2 weekends and want to know what to use with it?

and also very clean car, even with a bad camera you can still tell its very clean, an doooo so shiny![:D]

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you use clay bar you don't need a cleaner wax, it takes the place of a cleaner wax. I only clayed the hood, roof, front fenders, rear hatch and bumper. The front bumper is a mess so I usually don't even do anything to it. The clay is sold in a package with the bar and the lube. I used the one called clay majic in the black and blue box. It really easy to use and you can really feel the difference as your using it. After I did that I topped it off with 2 coats of eagle one nano wax. This stuff is amazing, it's leave a deep rich sine and it's so smooth.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I think your car is really nice. I was just curious. I found that the precleaner helps if you use it before the bar. It saved me some time. My car was a mess. Tar Sap Bug gut marks. Almost like brail LOL! I like Eagle one too! The sealer help with filling in the fine scratches, but it was the Mother's system that I used.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Great looking car. Love the rims, Have the same ones on my Liquid Grey '06.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
My car has never been claybarred. After seeing your pics and countless others I think it's time for me to do it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts