Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I was supporter of Turtle wax Ice Polish and I still love it for on the black plastic pieces, but I finally got around to Clay Barring the whole car and did 2 coats of Carnauba wax and holy crap. The car looks and feels like a mirror. I would have to say the best 4 hours I've put into the car as far as exterior goes. I have agree, nothing beats the clay bar and carnauba wax.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
You may want to clay the glass too. What ever was on your paint is on your glass too. Don't worry it will not scratch the glass. Glass is much stronger than paint.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hadn't thought about the glass, but I will DEFINATELY do that when I get some time. I'm still veru impressed with how it looks even after 2 straight days of rain.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Claying will make the paint "healthier" as well as make polishing and waxing easier as the surface is slick as glass and less drag.

What is better than clay?
1/2 price, double size bars, lol!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
A lot of people use either Clay Magic, or Mothers Claybar, both work the same, but more seem to prefer the Mothers because it doesn't desintegrate like the ClayMagic bar. You can get it at any Autozone... The Advance Auto here looked at me like I was a nut when I asked where I could find a clay bar.

Please, for the love of God, don't go digging in your yard for clay![:D] [;)] The claybar is synthetic clay that pulls embedded dirt, grime, fallout, tar, and some small rust spots off your paint... like a detailing eraser if you will.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts