Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been meaning to do it for awhile, class was canceled so I got the front done today.

Before:

Grimey old black looked awfully dull and boring.

Cleaned with a good all purpose cleaner and Meguires wheel cleaner with a brush. Wiped off and sanded lightly with steel wool.

And viola! Paint used was Dupli-Color Metalcast base coat. It's a very flakey silver.

While I had the wheels off I went ahead and cleaned the inside of the wheels, they were nasty. It's funny I think my powdercoater did a better job of doing the inside of the wheel on a few of these [chair]. Guess that's what I get for going for the cheaper guy. Oh well.

All purpose cleaner left for a few

Then cleaned with Meg's wheel cleaner and wiped clean.

Everything back together, much better than before. Clean and subtle.

Obligatory full car shot.

[cheers]

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I normally do to but I'm trying to keep a clean subtle theme so I wasn't looking for something that jumped out to much.

·
WOOT!!!
1,408 Posts
looks good. i think it would "pop" a bit more if it were red or something like that.. but it does look good.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
i like it... but class canceled = time to bike for me ;)

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i like it... but class canceled = time to bike for me ;)
Must be nice. I dislocated my shoulder 3 weeks ago and ended up with a 3rd degree separation. No BMX for me for another month. Lame. But atleast I've been catching up with some stuff on my car I've been neglecting.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
ouch, i didnt know you did that bro... good luck, cars lookin good! dont rush back into it take your time, heal up!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts