Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Focus SE with an FSWerks exhaust and was wondering where exactly the catalytic converter is located. I'm looking at getting some performance headers but don't want to go catless (yet). I've seen some headers with the cats built in, some without, and some stand alone cats that say they go in after the header. I'm just looking for some clarity on what I should do.

·
So mote be it
8,801 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
In most cases you would get a cat less header. then have a cat put in after the flange where the header meets the exhaust pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
So mote be it
8,801 Posts
Here's a post on the Magnaflow, pictures comparing the oem part to it. The last post, says that Magnaflow considers this an OEM replacement. The part looks marginally better than oem but i dont think the price would be worth the gains (if any.)
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/duratec-ti-vct-performance-2012-current/610169-magnaflow-header-integrated-cat-installed-mkiii-duratec.html

If you want a header + cat, you would probably need to get a muffler shop to weld a high flow one inline after the flex. Which, not sure how optimize it would be at doing its job being further down stream than OEM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts