Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so here's whats up. My 2000 ZX3 is making clanking noises when I turn more than your average curve in the road. I'm not sure if its my suspension or not but I don't know whats wrong with it...

also, this doesn't happen all the time but sometimes when I engage the clutch my RPM's shoot up to around 3x and sometimes 4x. This I'm really not sure how to fix this either. Any help or advice anyone can give me would help, thanks guys...

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
First issue: Does it happen when you turn either direction, or just a certain direction? Although with suspension noises the only real thing you can do is get up under there an look. I'd say axle's but it could be anything. From something very serious to a simple rubber bushing or a bolt loose.
Second issue: Check all vacuum connections everywhere. Open your hood and check to see if you can hear any unusual wistling of air.
Hope these help.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Does it make the clunking noises when going over a noticable bump? <--- Like driving down a gravel road.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
clanking noise>>> like said get under it and see if you cant see something that is obviously wrong, something loose somthing hanging, push down on the side that clanks and see if you cant reproduce it standing still.
revving>>>> sounds like a bad clutch to me... after all the car is 8 years old....

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
check your sway bar linkage, i had a similar problem, or maybe you do have a clutch going....update us if you find anything.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
first problem if there is vibration it could be dented wheel, if not it could be sway bar or a bolt loose, i get a little noise in the cold mornings but as the car heats it goes away

1 - 6 of 6 Posts