Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't smoke, but the previous owner of my car did..so I bought a car charger for my phone..plugged it in to the cigarette lighter socket..and nothing.

The lighted ring around the lighter socket is out too..the lighter itself doesn't
work either.

Any solution?

Thanks.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I don't smoke, but the previous owner of my car did..so I bought a car charger for my phone..plugged it in to the cigarette lighter socket..and nothing.

The lighted ring around the lighter socket is out too..the lighter itself doesn't
work either.

Any solution?

Thanks.
Just thought I'd state the obvious. Have you checked the fuses? Other than that I think it's a dead simple circuit to rerun. just a 12 volt circuit off of the fuse panel.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just thought I'd state the obvious. Have you checked the fuses? Other than that I think it's a dead simple circuit to rerun. just a 12 volt circuit off of the fuse panel.
Check the fuse...probably blown.

You two were right. Blown fuse. I didn't even think of that..and I was ready to pull the dash apart.[8]

Thanks again.[thankyou] [thankyou]

·
Registered
167 Posts
same problem happened 2 me. i was trying to melt a little bag closed but when i pushed the cig lighter in nothing happened then it just kept blowin the fuse... so i trashed the cig lighter n kept the car charger in... just thought id share lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts