Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if I'll get any reply, but I've been searching the threads to no avail. What vehicle was this done on? I have an 06 zx4 2.0, and trying to change the CHT/engine temp sensor. Its right on top in the middle of valve cover.. I can't find any tool to fit in there. I have a deep socket, but the clip gets in the way of the socket reaching the hex/flange/middle of the sensor. What tool(s) have you used to replace this?? I could destroy the black clip, but I don't know if I'd get the new one on regardless.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Must be searching on a Phone today, the OP's SVT info. shows on the full computer version.

They had an ECT in the thermostat housing as well as the CHT in the head.

For your CHT problem, look to see if your socket is a full depth hex. Many have only a small section of hex followed by a narrower cylindrical section. Cheaper to make, and stronger for less expensive ones, but they won't clear deep items as well.

Noticed the trend towards cheaper sockets of this type a while ago, they just don't work in as many circumstances though handy if you need to press an item in place that sits in there more shallowly at the hex.

I'll make this a separate thread as it doesn't add to the original "sticky" for SVT's.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I searched everywhere for a socket that would work and finally found one. I got a craftsman 3/4" deep well 1/2" drive socket from Sears. It's the only one I found that worked.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Small Engine spark plug tool

I just bought a small engine spark plug tool from lowes, it is just basically hex tubes of the different sizes. Item # 721412 Model # 490-850-0018 "Arnold Spark Plug Wrench"

It worked great. The only issue is that it wasn't deep enough to use the bar to turn it without taking off the spark plug caps. I got around it by just using a wrench to turn it.

·
Registered
2007 Ford Focus SE Hatch
4 Posts
Got a 1/2” x 3/4” Deep from AutoZone that worked perfectly on my 2007 ZX3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts