Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased some Lamin-x yellow protective film for my fog lamps. Before I put them on I would like to paint my fog bezels.

How do I remove them? I've tried wedging two plastic cards (top and bottom) in between the bezel and bumper but they wont come out. Do I have to remove my headlights to remove my fog bezels or is my angle of attack incorrect here?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just purchased some Lamin-x yellow protective film for my fog lamps. Before I put them on I would like to paint my fog bezels.

How do I remove them? I've tried wedging two plastic cards (top and bottom) in between the bezel and bumper but they wont come out. Do I have to remove my headlights to remove my fog bezels or is my angle of attack incorrect here?
do it from the outside edge on the SIDE, not top or bottom

·
Registered
362 Posts
There are clips that retain it on all four corners. I highly recommend removing the fog light to do it without breaking the clips. New bezels are just under $50 a side...

Hard to see in this picture (Chrome bezels are identical in attachment to front bumper cover) but you can see the clips. The fog lamp when installed makes those clips hard to move from position. Possible to move, but little room to.

Shot of the bumper cover with bezel and lamp removed to show area where bezel engages into bumper cover:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts