Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering getting these from European-parts.net. How do you guys think they would look on a 2002 Liquid Grey sedan? I've got the chrome ZTS trunk trim, 15 % tint, MK1 headlights, and a mustang alum fuel door.
I was also wondering if I could paint them Liquid Grey? Would that work?

·
Registered
759 Posts
leave the chrome at home, color matched handles look 100% percent better

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
dannybohhy said:
leave the chrome at home, color matched handles look 100% percent better
Agreed [cheers]

·
Registered
875 Posts
I thought about doing the same thing. With enough prep work, I think colormatched handles would work.

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
I think it would depend on what kind of exterior theme you have going. If you put enough work into it and got chrome covers for your mirrors, side moulding, front grilles, exterior b/c pillars, chromey rims, and things like that, then I think that things could flow rather well because it all goes together. I don't think that chrome door handles would go very well with nothing else in the exterior (besides your rear trunk handle) that is chrome.

IMHO, I really like the looks of having most exterior trim pieces color-matched to the vehicle and I think you should go that route as it will most likely be the least expensive because you could do all the work yourself. If done properly though, I think the chrome look could be done. It all depends on what you want to do though.

Cheers!

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
My buddy has the chrome handles, it looks really nice with the chrome hatch and other accent pieces and chrome wheels. Do it, its your car and you wouldn't have asked if you didn't want to do it. Go for it.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I like chrome but I am just one person.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts